Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Beginning of Beginnings

So I am feeling more and more excited about this blog.  If I can actually figure out how to make it successful and "follow" worthy I'll be on top of cloud 9.  

Today I feel as though I was very productive.  It started with the library, I decided  getting a little inspiration always helps.  While there I was lucky enough to find a Bible of sorts... Martha Stewarts Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts, I was feeling pumped after that.  


After such a rush I decided I needed to buy a sewing machine.  You could say I am feeling inspired.  I would be lying if I hadn't already been feeling an itch to buy a sewing machine, but seeing martha's great ideas just gave me a push. So I went to wal-mart after reading some reviews on a Brother sewing machine they had there for $80.  I was sold.  I had $20 bucks left on a Visa gift card that I used and now I can say I am a proud owner of a sewing machine.  YAY!  Here is a picture  -



Then I needed to go to Joann's Fabric for a little more inspiration.  Note to all: Saturday afternoon is not the ideal time to go to that store.  I should have known with all of the minivans that scattered the parking lot but whew, it was a bit overwhelming.  I was not productive and I got little to no inspiration.  Oh well.  I did pick up some reminants that I'm hoping I can make something cool for my boyfriends niece.  I'll post when/if it turns out.  Either way, what's the fun in only seeing perfect products right??



When I finally got home I realized my new sewing machine comes with a DVD tutorial.  Lucky Me!!  Time to learn...

1 comment: